Sunday, June 13, 2010

Screencast

For this lesson students are to create a screencast tutorial which will help someone without a lot of experience using computers. The screencast should be at least 1 minute long and no longer than 5 minutes. Tutorials can deal with any process on a computer. Some examples include: uploading/editing/emailing digital photos, uploading/editing digital video, downloading and transferring digital music to a portable player, or any other everyday use that you think a screencast would help someone with. The example I created was how to change your default homepage within Internet Explorer. The screencasts can be created with an account at Screencast-O-Matic.

How to Change Your Default Homepage

I used the Screencast-O-Matic and found it very easy to use. I liked that you can position the recording window over any size/area of your screen that you'd like. Screencasts are a great way to help anyone learn a computer function when you can't be there to teach it or if you want them to have a reusable video that they can pause and use at their own speed.

1 comment:

  1. Nice screencast example for your students to follow.

    ReplyDelete